- This event has passed.
Commonwealth Data Sharing and Release Legislation roundtables
A Discussion Paper on the Data Sharing and Release (DS&R) legislation is now open for public comment until Tuesday 15 October 2019. The Office of the National Data Commissioner is hosting a roundtable series during September and October 2019 on the Discussion Paper. You can find out more and make a submission through the website.
Each session will go for two hours and seek your views on:
- The purposes for sharing data, including data sharing for commercial purposes.
- The Data Sharing Principles and risk management, including privacy risks and consent.
- Guidance materials, including the Best Practice Guide to Applying Data Sharing Principles.
- How the DS&R Framework could work for different users in practice.
- The role of the National Data Commissioner.
- Accreditation principles and criteria.
- Higher standards of protections for sensitive data.
- Adequacy of proposed transparency and accountability mechanisms.
- Methods for dealing with complaints, redress options and review rights.
- Enforcement and penalties.
For more information and to register for a roundtable in your state, please visit the website.
If your preferred roundtable session is booked out, please add yourself to the waitlist for that session. The waitlisted participants will be contacted if places become available.
A webinar will be held for those who are unable to meet face to face, where your pre-submitted questions can be answered by the panel. More information about this session will become available soon.
Written submissions on the Discussion Paper are also welcome. These can be lodged through the website.